Sunday, April 8, 2012

Anti-vaccination

This weekend I found myself embroiled in a debate on Facebook with an Anti-vaccinationist.  Well, "found myself in" is perhaps the wrong term.  I kind of started it.  It is one of the issues that I really have a hard time keeping my mouth shut about.  Anyhow, things stayed surprisingly civil.  I found it interesting that in the midst of our back and forth, my opponent included a link to Google Scholar about the risks of vaccines.  I was surprised because looking through several pages of the abstracts and conclusions, I could not find a single study that suggested that vaccines are dangerous or that they should be avoided. 

He also dropped this bomb on me: you can cure autism through a special diet of "clean food".  I told him to look up the Baloney Detection Kit.


Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment