Wednesday, December 7, 2011

War were declared

 It is official.  John Stewart has declared war on Christmas.  God help us all.  Yuk yuk yuk.  Joking aside, I really like Christmas.  It has never been a religious holiday in my family, but that hasn't stopped us from enjoying it.  Plus, we never have to go to any midnight masses, which is good, because I doubt that many of us would be good to drive by midnight.  Sometimes people tell me to remember the reason for the season.  I just roll my eyes.  I learned that in high school astronomy.  I don't let it bother me.  Some people, however, get all wound up when elected officials don't call a tree a religious symbol.  Keep in mind this tree is on government property and often paid for with tax payer money.  Not to mention the bombardment of Christmas that people receive just by walking out their front door.  Get over it.  Christmas isn't going anywhere anytime soon.  I for one am happy about that, as I said, I like Christmas.  I do wish it was out of government buildings though.  That, or make space for all religions and a nice big friendly atheist billboard.  How's that for compromise?


                     

1 comment: