Thursday, December 1, 2011

I must be out of the loop or something.

I am sorry, I have lived outside of the U.S. now for about 5 years.  As such, I have missed out on a few things.  I have family members with children that I barely know (the children, not the family members. Although, the children are also family members).  I am also a bit out of touch with pop culture.  I understand there is a funny show called the Big Bang Theory that sounds great.  Never seen it.  I am consistently about a year behind on popular music, and I rarely watch new movies.  But the thing that pisses me off, the question that really gets me worried about the future is:  Who the hell are the Kardashians, and why does anyone care about them?  Seriously, I have no idea.  Kim.  Who's that?  Khloe? There are two of them?  More?  I am sure I could find out more if I looked into it harder, but I am about 90% sure my brain would fall out if I did. 

Sorry.  Just had to get that out.

1 comment:

  1. It is infuriating, isn't it? They are nearly unavoidable - their pictures are on all the tabloids at the grocery check-out, there are 'stories' about them on the 'news' all the time - it's ridiculous.

    As best I can tell, they like to have sex with African American athletes. Why that makes them famous or popular, I don't have a clue. I do know that one of them got married a few months ago and is going through a divorce now. I'm pretty sure one of them had a sex tape with some D-List 'famous' person, which is how anyone found out they exist in the first place.


    Ick. I feel so dirty for typing that all out. I know very little about these people (comparatively) but it is still ENTIRELY too much.

    ReplyDelete